We are at a pivotal point in American history.
99% of the people believes that the US is going in the wrong direction.
The American dream was once:
- Work hard
- Own a home
- Fulfill marriage and family life
- Take advantage of opportunities
- Practice your faith of choice
- Balance freedom and responsibility
Today there is a new dream taking place:
- Work enough to get by
- Customized family experience
- Be spiritual but not religious
- Demand freedom and rights
- Entitled to personalized moral code
- Situational truth
- Advocate the new virtues
- Happiness: comfort, convenience choices, connections, experiences
- Unimaginable shift in our values
(This is not what the founding fathers envisioned).
A survey among conservatives found their attitudes as follows:
84% concerned about the future
99% country is headed in wrong direction
99% govt is doing too much
90% angry about the state of America
94% morals and values are declining
71% ready to engage in creating significant change
What do you think needs to be done to get us going in the right direction?
Source: Os Hillman and George Barna, American Culture & Faith Institute 2014 research