Is Our Future Abundant or Scarce? Are our Resources Expanding or Decreasing? Is our Thinking Shrinking or Developing?
The Scarcity Mentality is the zero-sum paradigm of life. People with a Scarcity Mentality have a very difficult time sharing recognition and credit, power or profit – even with those who help in the production. The also have a a very hard time being genuinely happy for the success of other people.
The Abundance Mentality, on the other hand, flow out of a deep inner sense of personal worth and security. It is the paradigm that there is plenty out there and enough to spare for everybody. It results in sharing of prestige, of recognition, of profits, of decision making. It opens possibilities, options, alternatives, and creativity.
Utilities are great, aren’t they? Most of us across the globe have water on tap and electricity at a click of a switch – once dreaming of running water (the Romans) and fridges (our grandmothers) these little amenities have become readily abundant and used in our lives daily.
What next do we, humanity, need? With life’s amenities behind us and technology supporting us aren’t we in a terrifyingly beautiful position of being able to dream BIG? With a life span which has doubled over the generations, human beings, today have a unique opportunity to make a life of infinite possibilities.
Peter Diamandis in his recent TED Talks “Abundance is our future” discusses his confidence for the future. Isn’t that reassuring after all the news we have on the oil crisis, war, food stocks and changing climate patterns? Peter highlights the tools, the money and the 3 billion new minds which can make the dreams for humanity bigger, united and abundant.
Are you one of the 3 billion new minds who can participate and contribute to the global conversation on humanity? Are you up for the challenge? If so check out Peter’s Talk! and Peter Diamandis’s Book.
1. When forced to compromise, ask for more.
2. If it’s worth doing, it’s got to be done right now.
3. If you can’t win, change the rules.
4. If you can’t change the rules, then ignore them.
5. When faced without a challenge, make one.
6. “No” simply means begin again at one level higher
7. Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing.
8. The best way to predict the future is to create it yourself!
9. You get what you incentivize.
10. If you think it is impossible, then it is… for you.
11. The day before something is a breakthrough, it’s a crazy idea.
12. Without a target you’ll miss it every time.
13. If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it.
14. The world’s most precious resource is the passionate and committed human mind.