My Top 10 Chinese Education Stocks
Did you know that there are TEN Chinese education stocks listed on the NYSE and Nasdaq? Yup … TEN stocks.
- ATA Inc. (ATAI) provides computer-based training courses to pass professional certification exams such as banking, insurance and accounting.
- Ambow Education Holdings (AMBO) has a unique combination of hands-on personal tutoring supplemented with online training.
- ChinaEdu Corporation (CEDU) is the Chinese equivalent of the University of Phoenix, offering online college degrees.
- China Distance Education Holdings (DL) offers online education and test preparation courses specializing in accounting, law, healthcare, construction, engineering and information technology.
- China Education Alliance Inc. (CEU) sells ‘education resources’ online, a fancy name for a huge database of informative practice exams.
- ChinaCast Education Corp. (CAST) actually owns several Chinese universities and is expanding its enrollment with online degree options.
- New Oriental Education & Tech. Group Inc. (EDU) is the largest English and college entrance exam preparation school in China.
- TAL Education Group (XRS) is the largest private educational tutoring company in China.
- Noah Education Holdings Ltd. (NED) sells electronic education materials, and distributes its content primarily through handheld digital learning devices.
- Xueda Education Group (XUE) is also a private tutoring company but differs from TAL Education in that it tutors university students as well as high school students.
As you can see, there are several ways to profit from the Chinese obsession with academic excellence.
That doesn’t mean you should rush out and buy EDU or any of the other above-mentioned stocks tomorrow morning. The education sector has been hot, and most of these stocks have already had big gains. Your best strategy would be to wait until they go on sale before committing any new money.
Source: Tony Sagami
This investment news is brought to you by Uncommon Wisdom. Uncommon Wisdom is a free daily investment newsletter from Weiss Research analysts offering the latest investing news and financial insights for the stock market, precious metals, natural resources, Asian and South American markets. From time to time, the authors of Uncommon Wisdom also cover other topics they feel can contribute to making you healthy, wealthy and wise. To view archives or subscribe, visit http://www.uncommonwisdomdaily.com.