1. Authentic Connections: Everybody has heard the expression, “It’s not what you know – but who you know – that counts.”
For speed networking ask to people “What-do-you-do? Which are your largest projects? How-can-I-help-you?”
2. Be genuine
3. Make Intros for other people to connect.
4. Be distinctive.
Coolest business card ever designed by Cameron Herold.
5. Get Diverse: Some of my favorite connections have come out of charities I support or hobbies or different interests. There’s a different connection formed with a common interest first, and business second.
6. Become prolific and prominent: This probably isn’t that big of a secret but it’s worth mentioning. If you can get on stage, write a book, become an expert, etc. – you’ll have people seeking you out.
7. Follow-up: I admit I don’t do this as well as I could but I shoot quick texts, emails or clippings over to people when I know it’s something they’re interested in.
8. Get up close and personal
9. MasterMind Groups. “If you can grasp this principle and apply it you may have, for your efforts, whatever you want on this earth!”
10. Mentors & Thought Provokers
Creating the ‘BIG’ idea & Selling at premium prices
Maverick Rule #1 says: It’s got to be a BIG idea that you, your team and your customers can “get” in seconds.
“100 Calorie Packs”
“8 Minute Abs”
“101 Nights of Grrreat Sex”
“The Real World”
Maverick Rule #2: You must charge a premium price so you have a large margin to provide an extraordinary value & experience.
Sorce: Yanik Silver