This book is split into three books, Resistance, Combating Resistance, and Beyond Resistance. Book One identifies what is known as resistance. Resistance is the little devil inside us all that prevents us from doing our work. The devil that pulls us off our project to read Lifehacker or 43Folders, or dare I say it, watch a video, that turns into an hour on YouTube. The author makes a great statement about writing.
Book two covers the difference between amateurs and professionals. An amateur is somebody who does whatever they do for fun. A pro is somebody who does what they do for fun, and a living. It is amazing how this reliance upon personal finances has a peculiar way of focusing the mind.
Book three covers the invisible physic forces that support and sustain us in our journey towards ourselves.
Just read about Resistance and then Do Your Work
01. Resistance is invisible.
02. Resistance is internal.
03. Resistance is insidious.
04. Resistance is implacable.
05. Resistance is impersonal.
06. Resistance is infallible.
07. Resistance is universal.
08. Resistance never sleeps.
09. Resistance plays for keeps.
10. Resistance is fueled by fear.
11. Resistance only opposes in one dierction.
12. Resistance is most powerful at the finish line.
13. Resistance recruits allies.
14. Procrastination is the most common manisfestation of Resistance.
15. Resistance can become a habit.
16. Geeting ourselves into trouble is a sign of Resistance.
17. Self-dramatization is a sign of Resistance.
18. Self-medication is a sign of Resistance.
19. Victimhood is a sign of Resistance.
20. Resistance influences our choice of our mate.
21. Resistance feels like unhappiness; addiction; and then, clinical.
22. Resistance causes you to criticize others.
23. Resistance can take the form of wild self-confidence.
24. Resistance is experienced as fear.
25. Resistance is directly proportional to love.
26. Grandiose fantasies are a symptom of Resistance.
27. Workshops and support groups are Resistance.
28. Rationalization is Resistance’s right-hand man.
29. Resistance can be beaten.